Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb. 27, 2010

Multiple pieces in elec. kiln.

Glazes will be mixed tomorrow.

Then the process of "painting" .......... very apprehensive about this....on a canvas I can predict what will happen etc. Painting on pots ......This is flying blind for me, but I know I have to jump.

I threw a set of 5 pasta bowls that my mother has been buggin' me about for weeks now. A large platter that I want to revisit "darting" the center and making it an oval. I didn't have much success the last several times I tried it a couple of semesters ago. Hopefully, the clay gods will be less fickle with me now. Perhaps they like polka music like the painting gods do?

I'm in my painting studio now.... finish up the next four paintings in my series of 25. Let's see... I have 16 of 25 done. I'm pretty proud of myself. I like the progress I am making. The subject/memory is really difficult to revisit each time I am painting them....but necessary. The concept of something horrific and beautiful at the same time is so VERY intriguing to me. Sick and twisted perhaps ? Dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment