Tuesday, January 26, 2010

jan. 26, 2010

In my painting studio....looking at my paintings and really liking where they are headed....colors are intense in this series....which fits my concept and tells my memory/story. The question is..."Can you paint 100 more paintings about this memory with the same concept?" I think I could....and that excites me.
I though a lot about my conversation with Linda last night in regards to my plan for the semester. I made the comment that my paintings and ceramics seem to be disconnected. They don't look the same. I regret saying that, because I think that even if they don't "look the same," they really do relate. They do in a much more philosophical way. I have been exploring via my thought process how I have lived my life by such extremes, and how to bring that idea into my paintings. Married/divorced/rich/poor/skinny/fat/happy/sad/good/bad/right/wrong. etc etc. And though I know that there are many shades of grey in between....I seem to have lived my life with these extremes. So, my paintings are 'the shouting out loud side' and my ceramics (as for right now) are my 'quiet side.'

No comments:

Post a Comment