Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan. 29, 2010

In the painting studio. I started off getting here early. There is alot of bs you have to "do" before one can even start to begin to be creative. Cut the stretches, stretch the canvas, gesso the canvas, sand, gesso, sand, gesso, dry time in between each 15-20 min, apply first oil coat, let dry, then after all of that ....still be "inspired" to paint the original idea that set you out in the first place to build that canvas stretcher...... and "they" say being an artist is easy.

I reworked and finished a painting for a submission to a show in New York. *crossing fingers* I sent 6 pieces in. Lets hope one makes it! I have mixed emotions about sending work out to be judged etc. but I guess we all have to do it to get recognized and hopefully sell some of our pieces.

Oh well.... off to paint.... tomorrow clay studio....sunday painting studio. I really need to fire a kiln tomorrow. *note to self* sign up for a bisque fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment