Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13, 2010

We went to the Albright Knox last night....Fridays are free. I am always amazed and mesmerized by the amount of talent and creativity that I acquire when I go to a museum. First, I am always inspired by the concepts that each artist is trying to convey. There is a story behind every piece. If the art could talk....Second, I always wonder if we didn't have museums where would all this art be/go?
In regards to the art talking, I know in my own body of work it would have so much to say. Each painting .....each piece of ceramics is a piece of me. I always new I was giving of myself each time I created something....I never new just how much. This series of 25 paintings made me dig deeper into my phyche than I was ever willing to allow someone to see. It is "easier" to paint myself nude than paint these memories of my brothers death. These last two I just "finished" came so easy that it scared me, which led me to ask the questiong.....Does a painting or any other art piece have to be difficult in the creation process to be "good" or relevant? I sit here and look at them and quickly answer, "No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment