Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

Sometimes it's not "easy" to create or be creative everyday. For the past several months I have been in one studio or the other almost everyday and every weekend. Long hours early on in the semester have really paid off for my paintings. With the ceramics end of it....not nearly as much as I would liked to have been able to work in the studio. I made a commitment with myself that if I allowed myself to take ceramics I needed to be stern in regards to my time spent in my painting studio vs the clay studio. I've kept that commitment. Today I am tired...and I really do not feel like being productive. While watching an Art 21 episode....Susan Rothenburgh, who is a painter, said "I do something everyday in my studio... every day, even if it is one brush stroke, at least I will know I did something today." Note to self: make one brush stoke on a painting today. Maybe it'll lead to another and then another.....and before you know it, a painting will be completed, or on its way to being "done." I'm still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment